Friday, April 06, 2018

BTLN UPDATE - "POP N DOGS" AND SPRING FOOTBALL


Congrats Alex! This was Alex's first Helmet of the Btln Season! Alex was close so many times this year, he was overdue for his first win. Great job Alex!

Btln Spring Football goes back to the days when Battalion was still at Perley. Spring Football is still one of my favourites. With so many guys and such a big field, scoring is always difficult. This year wasn't any different. My team scored on our first possession, but did not score again for the rest of the game. Dan's team scored on their final possession to tie the score 7-7!
Probably the highlight of the whole football game was the new grade seven Alex intercepting the ball three times! The first interception was offside, but the other two were legit, he was all over the field!

Jakob missed double point night, so he quoted his passage at the field. Jakob said his passage word for word, it was so awesome!

Jakob Boschmann - 1 Corinthians 13:1-13

On Tuesday night Lukas messaged me, asking if he could do the Bible Study. I am always excited to see one of the young men lead a Bible Study! This is what Btln is all about!

Lukas read us several passages about God being our stronghold, refuge, shield, fortress, and shelter. It was very encouraging!

Psalm 9:9   The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Psalm 18:2   The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 28:7-8   The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

Psalm 36:7   How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble

Psalm 91:1-2   Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”


Next week we are back at the Gym for "Pop n Dogs" and games!



THE CAPTAIN

No comments: